Learning and playing in safety and happiness.
Located in historic Claddagh in the heart of Galway City, our school prides itself on a friendly atmosphere, a superb sense of community and an innovative approach to education and play.
Opened in 1933, and leading the way in progressive and inclusive education for decades, the Claddagh National School has developed into a modern, child-focused primary school with more than 300 pupils and a staff of over 60.
We pride ourselves on our friendly, open community of learning where children of all backgrounds and abilities can learn and play together in happiness and safety.
Read on below, or explore our navigation links above, to learn more about our school.
At Claddagh National School, our children experience:
- Small class sizes (generally less than 20 students)
- The best programmes of teaching and learning
- An equal emphasis on developing healthy minds and bodies
- A wide range of sporting opportunities
- Up-to-date facilities, classrooms and technology
- A dedicated Art Room and specialist art teacher
- An inclusive approach for children of all backgrounds and abilities
- A proud tradition of music, including the School Band and Choir
- Access to an on-site after-school service (2.30-4.30 p.m.)